Welcome Home Family Medicine Residents!
The Delaware Academy of Family Physicians is proud to have 100% resident membership.
Opportunities for Residents
Residents are welcome to attend the numerous educational lectures, symposia and conferences offered by the DAFP (often with little or no charge).
Many DAFP leaders got their feet wet in organizational politics as a resident member of their state chapter. Each spring, the leadership looks for residents to volunteer for positions including:
- Resident Director (DAFP Board Member, may also serve as DE delegate to NCFMR)
- Tar Wars Program co-chairs
- Committee co-chairs & members
There are a number of opportunities for residents to develop their scholarship at the state level including:
- Presentation of your scholarly activity project as a poster at the Annual Scientific Assembly
- Resident presentations over lunch at Annual Scientific Assembly
- Jack Gelb, MD Award (Christiana Care Residents)
Service to the Community
Residents are encouraged to participate in the community service activities of the Academy including Tar Wars, health fairs and community health talks.
National Conference of Family Medicine Residents
Thursday, July 25 – Saturday, July 27, 2019
Kansas City, Missouri
The 2019 AAFP National Conference is the place to explore, learn, and connect for the next chapter of family medicine. Immerse yourself in topics ranging from clinical skills and career planning to the factors that are influencing the health care system transformation. Leave with important connections and an energizing passion for family medicine.
Are you a resident considering running for DAFP office?
Contact us for more information.