The Delaware Academy of Family Physicians is a 501(c)6 tax-exempt organization and is a state chapter of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
The Delaware Chapter has 382 members comprised of active, life, and resident physicians and is lead by a board of directors who are elected each year for a one year term. The DAFP also has two delegates and two alternates to the AAFP Congress of Delegates.
In addition to regular, recurring educational and advocacy activities, the DAFP also operates a separate research and education foundation (DAFP REF). The Foundation was founded in 1989 to operate as the philanthropic arm of the DAFP.
The mission of the Delaware Chapter of the American Academy of Family Physicians is to promote excellence in health care and the betterment of the health of the people of Delaware.
Purposes in support of this mission are:
- To provide responsible advocacy for and education of patients and the public in all health related matters.
- To preserve and promote quality cost-effective health care.
- To promote the science and art of family medicine and to ensure an optimal supply of well trained family physicians.
- To promote and maintain high standards among physicians who practice family medicine.
- To preserve the right of family physicians to engage in medical and surgical procedures for which they are qualified by training and experience.
- To provide advocacy, representation and leadership for the specialty of family medicine.
- To maintain and provide an organization with high standards to fulfill the above purposes and to represent the needs of its members.
Our Leadership & Staff
Officers and Directors are elected annually in the Spring. AAFP delegates and alternate delegates are elected for 2- year terms.
To see our current leadership, visit the Leadership & Staff directory.
Quarterly Membership Meetings
- Board meeting #1 – Tuesday, July 16, John H. Ammon Center, Rm 14
- Board meeting #2 – Wednesday, October 2, St. Francis, MSB264,
- Board meeting #3 – Tuesday, December 3, John H. Ammon Center, Rm 14
- Board meeting #4 – Wednesday, March 4, St. St Francis, MSB264
For more information about upcoming membership meetings or to obtain minutes/notes from previous meetings, contact us.
Research & Education Foundation
For more information about the Delaware Academy of Family Physicians' Research and Education Foundation click here.
For more information about DelFamDoc, the quarterly peer-reviewed journal of the Delaware Academy of Family Physicians, click here.