Continuing Medical Education
The Delaware Academy of Family Physicians conducts numerous recurring and one-time educational events and symposia. Depending on the event underwriting, our educational events usually offer offer live, prescribed AAFP credit. A listing of our events and additional information about AAFP credit can be found below.
We look forward to seeing you at a DAFP event!
Symposia & Annual Conferences
- Annual Geriatric Medicine Symposium: Thursday September 24, 2020
- Management of Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): Saturday, October 24, 2020
- Annual Sports Medicine Symposium: Saturday November 21, 2020
- Women's Health: Saturday, January 16, 2021
- Annual Scientific Assembly: Saturday April 24, 2021
We also support a number of conferences in the state to ensure continue education for family physicians including:
- Military Medicine Symposium
- Annual Stroke Conference
- Annual CHF conference
- Pediatric Kaledioscope
CME Faculty Disclaimer & Disclosures
All faculty participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by the DAFP are expected to disclose to the activity audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest related to the content of their presentation(s). Full disclosure of faculty relationships will be made at the presentation.In addition, commercial sponsorship or underwriting of CME activities will be made at time of the presentation.
AAFP Prescribed Credit
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by:
- The American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit toward the AMA;
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) members who attend CME activities that have been accredited for AAFP CME credit may report this credit to AOA and receive Category 2-A Credit.;
- The American Academy of Physician Assistants accepts Prescribed credit from the AAFP;
- The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners recognizes activities approved for AAFP credit as acceptable toward CE requirements for nurse practitioners;
- The Delaware & Pennsylvania State Boards of Nursing, view activities sponsored by National nursing, medical, osteopathic and other health care professional organizations and their state and regional affiliates as acceptable sources of CE.
- The American Association of Medical Assistants recognizes activities approved for AAFP credit as acceptable toward CE requirements for medical assistants.
Have a presentation you would like to give or interested in sponsoring one of our events? Contact us!